I often get maudlin , wishing I could find that special someone. Someone to love, to hold me when I need it and to let me hold them when they need it. To share what time I may have left with. I figure I have lived alone most of my life so I don’t need this to be happy but still there is this longing….
Anyway this got me analyzing why I have few if any real friends.
Why I have few friends.
1. I’m not an aggressive socially . I am friendly will always say hi and ask how you are . I hate small talk and gossip so unless we have some common interest, I won’t pursue a friendship.
2. I’m outspoken and usually say what I feel and often upset people with my lack of filters.
3. I’m well read and educated. I have a very hard time dealing with the kind of people who wrap themselves in flags, scream out about how patriotic they are. Who think everyone should be armed, and how they think other should believe, and organize their lives around what’s on tv.
4. If you’re a racist or a bigot , xenophobic and think the likes of the current or most of the past republican candidates would be good president I don’t want to know you.
5. If I am your friend, understand that I’m happy sitting at home doing the things I do.That I long for my friends or potential friends to invite me to do things or hang out and not be put off because I decline . I need to be dragged out of the house. I don’t expect it because why would you want a friend like that?
So yes, I understand it’s mostly me and my outlook. I will say if we do become real friends, I’ll be there for you doing whatever I can with the tools I have.
So here is art I did today.